Thursday, January 28, 2010

Random Success

Had some success with this board. I layed out a PCB for one of the modules in Thomas Henry's A Synthesizer for the 21st Century. This is the the Voltage Controlled Noise Source. I may put up the PCB layout but it isn't the most compact. It also didn't come out quite as well as I had hoped as the ground plane pour was too tight on the tracks. Anyway about half an hour with the Oscilliscope and a bit of head scratching tracked down the shorts and it is all working well now even if it isn't the most attractive of boards! I think that maybe turning the CMOS devices through 90 degrees might make a more compact board... I have already changed this layout to make the log converter a bit more accurate with some spare LM394's I have got so I may persist... Will try and post some pictures from the Spectrum Analyser tomorrow for some academic interest...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: