Thursday, August 15, 2019

EPROMs

To get my Z80 board into a functioning state I need to get the code into it... One interesting thing that I had sort of forgotten in the modern world of Electrically Erasable memory is the venerable EPROM. I have memories of cycling through dozens of 2716 EPROM's to debug some Z8 assembler late into the evening for a contract I was doing... My old EPROM programmer needs an ISA bus processor and it hasn't really been used for 20+ years. Even the newer one at work, which uses a parallel port, is non starter for pretty much any hardware from the last 10 or so years. The quickest way out is this thing from e-bay, that seems to work OK... It is still cheaper that the old old EPROM programmer from 1987ish and there has been 30 years inflation since then.

No comments: